Saturday, June 25, 2011

MAC Week 4 Comment 1 ~ Lauren Schneck



Student Artwork: Amy S. 6/7/11

Lauren Schneck

I have decided to write an article for my publishing leadership project after much deliberation on which format to choose. I think that I have always wanted to try getting published in some form or another so that route ended up being the more enticing choice. I had a hard time getting the resource links to load for many of the journals listed as options. I figured many of the links might have been around a while and those pages may have been moved. I have decided to submit my article to the journal of computing in higher education, unless I run into some unknown issue. Writing the article was a bit of a puzzling process since I have never done it before but I just kept telling myself that all I needed to do was create a logical story of my research. Once I kept that concept in mind it was much easier. I am putting the finishing touches on my article and I hope that my peers can be honest with me and let me know whether I am way out of line or not. This whole process has been interesting so far.

Elizabeth Granberg:
I think it would be pretty cool to be published as well! However, I picked the other option for our Publishing / Leadership Project. With a tight schedule this week, I did not get to join in on any WIMBA sharing sessions. I too hope that I will get honest feedback from classmates and critical friends. It was a great idea for you to think of creating a story of your research. Having to write an article definitely scared me because I have never really written one before. I hope you get published!

No comments:

Post a Comment