Sunday, June 19, 2011

MAC Week 3 Comment 2 ~ Draney Melville



(picture from Creative Commons Search: 120)

Draney Melville
Mac wk 3 Abstract proposal
Wow, this one is going to be a doozy for me this week. It's Saturday, I am in the beginning of labor, having contractions and I still need to work on my abstract for my action research project. Where do I begin? How can I summarize a year's worth of work and analysis in 120 words or less. Usually, this would be an awesome task considering we usually have to produce a lot more written work than an abstract. How do I share all the information about my project without saying too much or too little?

Since I have not started this daunting task yet, I will share more about the process when I start working on it.

**** Update *****
I finished the abstract, on time nonetheless, and it really wasn't as difficult as I thought it was. I am hoping I did it correctly and don't need to do much updating. Now I've just got to start working on my presentation for class for my leadership project.

Until the next blog folks!


Elizabeth Granberg
First and foremost, congratulations on your (almost) bundle of joy! Things don't seem as difficult for me now that I know you are going through labor during your assignments! If you can get them done, then by all means so can I! I am also a little hesitant about an abstract being only 120 words. Unfortunately I tend to drag on and on when I am typing or writing, so I feel that it will be a challenge for me. My literature review also needed to be chopped down a few times because it was over the word limit... I'm crossing my fingers...

No comments:

Post a Comment