Sunday, June 19, 2011

MAC Week 3 Comment 1 ~ Sharon Clay



(picture from Creative Commons: photo by 05com)


Sharon Clay

MAC Week 3: Publishing/Leadership Project part 2 of 2

Pennsylvania Educational Technology Exposition & Conference Preconference

While I originally had my sights set on submitting a proposal to the South Carolina EdTech Conference I had to change my plans because I missed the submission deadline (June 15, 2011).  This conference would have been an ideal place for me to showcase my research because it’s in close proximity to my home (about 2 ½ hours away) and many of my colleagues attend the conference each year. However, I used the resources provided by Sue Bedard and registered for the Pennsylvania Educational Technology Exposition & Conference Preconference.  The conference is in February, which gives me more time to build my confidence, and presentation skills by presenting at district level workshops this upcoming school year.  One of the reasons I chose the Pennsylvania Educational Technology Exposition & Conference Preconference is because I will be on winter break during that week and I will have an opportunity to travel with my children to Pennsylvania and present my research. 


Elizabeth Granberg
Sharon, I agree with Drew's comment as well. I give you a lot of credit to go out and present at a conference! I would love to present to my current school district, but since this is my last week with them, I do not know how that would work. I think I am still going to try to set a meeting with the board over the summer because the school district inspired my Action Research Project. Eventually I would like to come back to the school district as a teacher, they are just not hiring for next year, so I will be teaching elsewhere. Although I am thankful for the job, I am hesitant because there is absolutely no technology in my new school. However, it almost makes me want to start the project over again and aim it towards the benefits of integrating technology into the classroom. The principal of the school is strict on the curriculum, etc, but as long as you can prove that something would benefit the children, he is all for it! Maybe that will be my new approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment