Sunday, June 19, 2011

MAC Week 3 Blog Post ~ WIMBA

(photo from Creative Commons: Picture by David Goehring)
This WIMBA session was a bit shorter then the other two, but still jam packed with information like usual. The beginning focus of the session was on the Abstract and P/L Project.
In regards to the Abstract, it is solely based on our Action Research (or Challenged Based) Project. We basically need to take the entire project and condense it down. Take approximately one sentence per section (ie: overall question, lit review, phases, findings, conclusion, etc.). It must be 120 words or less. We are also to put the Abstract on the Final Presentation page of our Action Research Website.
For the Publishing / Leadership Project we need have two 'Think Out Loud' blog posts. The first one is focusing in on if we are going to publish or present and why. The second one focuses on where you are doing what you are doing. We need to come up with what we want to do / how we are presenting, etc.
 Week 4 sharing - we need to post the link to our document or presentation. When we get together we have a short version of what we did and quickly walk through our project. Feedback will be given by classmates. We only need to sign up for one night. I tentatively (there is a ? next to my name) for the Thursday June 23 time. I say tentatively because I am trying to change my work schedule around, but I am not sure if it will work in my favor. Thursday is the last day that I am with the child that I see after school for ABA.
The Van Halen "Right Now" video was really interesting. It was the first time that I saw the video and it really made you think. During the first poll, I liked the quote about, "If you believe in it, then you do something about it". It is very true, and speaks to our reading in our text book. I have never read the book "The Secret", but it seems like something that would be an interesting read.
Chapter 4 was also one that meant most to me so far as well. I truly enjoyed the practice section that talked about declaring yourself being a contribution and also someone that makes a difference. Now that I am starting a new job and growing up (and wiser I'd like to think) I truly see how our own thoughts and actions decide our self esteem and attitudes. It reminds me of the quote, 'Be the change you want to see in the world". If we want change or something to happen, we need to take the reigns and get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment