Sunday, June 5, 2011

MAC Week 1 Blog Post - WIMBA 1


First and foremost, I would like to say that this WIMBA session was probably the most information-filled class to date! Luckily I had a note pad handy and jotted down a few notes that I thought were important throughout the session. What I do have to say, is that I liked having the information up-front when the class first started. We did not have to wait until week 2, 3 or 4 to find out what the projects or activities consisted of.

One important fact that I heard during the WIMBA was that if we are commenting on a blog that is a video, we should upload the code from that video and put it along with our comment. Just like we have to add in our classmates original blog along with our comments to our own blog, we have to add in their video blog if that is what they chose to do.

Another key point during the WIMBA wasto really stay on top of the due dates and do not let them expire. I was a little thrown off when I realized that the due dates were Sunday, but on the dashboard, it says things are due Monday (see above screenshot). I will make sure that I am getting everything done on time! Something to focus on up front is definitely the Lit Review then the AR website. If we get those done early, that will leave enough time for all of our other activities.

We are allowed to use our discussion board comments as our extra blog post if we need one. My extra blog posts will probably be mostly WIMBA reviews since I have a second job Tuesday, Thursday, and Fridays after I get out of school doing in-home ABA services for a boy with Autism.

A great question was asked, by Charlie I believe, about needing to keep or discard our 'extra' references if we are doing the Action Research Project. We are to include, on the Lit Review webpage, only the references that we used in our Literature Review. In our 'References' page, we include our 20+ references that we read and thought about including.

The final bit from the WIMBA session left me with a smile. Our abstract is to be approximately one sentence from each section of our Literature Review. I was smiling because it should only take about 20 - 40 minutes to complete... :-)

2 comments:

  1. Liz,
    I think you are correct this was the MOST information filled WIMBA session we have had to date. I think the key to our success this month is navigating the assignment due dates I too was thrown off by the Monday DUE DATE..so glad that was discussed during our WIMBA. I think some of the pressure may ease up a bit since the end of the school year is approaching for you. It will be much easier next month to work our way through the final course. It's good to know that I have an original ARP partner to work with as we close out this journey! Good luck my friend

    ReplyDelete