Saturday, June 25, 2011

MAC Week 4 Comment 2 ~ Tria Hong

Student Artwork: Amy S. 6/9/11
Tria Hong
My plan for publishing my CBR project involves choosing between two educational technology journals. I am also pondering presenting at the Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo and Conference. My methodology is project based learning in my home school and I incorporate technology as much s I can. I feel these are the best choices for submission. My first choice is Journal of Education Technology and Society (ETS) that is a quarterly journal that in the months on January, April, July and October. The articles presented in the journal deal with the issues developers of educational systems and educators who implement and manage such systems in the field of education. I chose this publication because it seeks to create a better understanding for the roles of the developer and the educator in the educational technology system and support one another.
My second choice is The Journal of Educational Technology Research and Development (ETR&D), is the only scholarly journal that focuses entirely on research and development in educational technology. It is a bimonthly publication of the Association for Educational Communications and Technology. I chose this publication because it sole ideas are concerning the one topic that I want more information and awareness on which is educational technology. The sources on how to best implement it is the challenge that I will always be researching. The publication is concerned about the design and development of learning systems and educational technology applications.
I am pondering the Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo and Conference because I am very fearful of speaking in public to crowds. However, because it is so close to home and I feel I may be making a mistake in closing all of my options because of fear. It seems like being in person to speak and learn is more opportunistic than article submission. Time will only tell for in my decision making.

 Elizabeth Granberg

I think you will be satisfied with either journal that you picked out if that is the path you take. You did a lot of research on them and your project would fit in well with their publications. I too was up in the air with which option to choose for quite some time. Public speaking does not come naturally for me, but then again I am not a huge fan of my writing. What helped me decide was thinking that if I present, it is easier for me to explain things and elaborate on a topic or area that I might have not explained fully. I feel that when you write an article that is only a certain amount of words, you do not get to express yourself fully. I also picked the same conference as you did. I like that it is close to home, and also far enough in the future that I would be able to present to peers and possibly my school district. Good luck picking. PS: I fed your fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment