Monday, June 6, 2011

MAC Week 2 Blog Post - Discussion Board Responses / Replies

(photo from personal collection: parent granted permission to use)

Topic #1: Music in your personal life

Personally, I am not a person that likes silence. No matter what I am doing, whether it is driving, homework, or walking, I need to listen to music. Most of the time I download music from the iTunes or I borrow CD’s from my friends’ collections. Having worked at Best Buy, I fortunately have a lot of friends with great music collections! Recently, I became a huge fan of listening to Pandora radio on my phone. It is a great feature that has saved me from many silent walks around the school track when I have forgotten my iPod. I am currently deciding on whether to start a subscription or not to Pandora to have access to the full account features.


Topic #2: Pick one topic to respond to:
a. Do you remember the first song/artist that touched you on an emotional level, not just a catchy tune, but something that sank in under the skin?

A. While I was growing up, I would always love to listen to the Moody Blues. At 27 years old, I can probably sing every one of their songs word for word. The reason why I loved the Moody Blues is because it was the band my father loved. Whenever we would go in the car, it would either be a Moody Blues tape or Sports Radio on in the car. It was always comforting to hear them and it still brings back such happy memories of when I was younger. To this day, if the weather is hot and my dad has his car windows open, we will hear the Moody Blues blasting in his car as he pulls up the driveway. To me, that was my first experience with music on an emotional level.
If I had to pick a band or artist from my ‘generation’, it would be 3 Doors Down. The lyrics to their songs definitely hit home with me and I have been following them since I heard their first single ‘Kryptonite’ on the radio many years ago. As a faithful follower, I have seen them about 6 times in concert, most recently last month.
Both bands definitely connect with me on an emotional level. Not just the happy emotions either. I can relate their songs to just about every mood or feeling on any particular day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow. I would love to get to know a couple of your friends that work at Best Buy LOL. Maybe we could share some of the songs that we have so that I could become a little more eclectic. Someone said that great minds think alike and Pandora is almost the next best thing next to sliced bread!!

    ReplyDelete